Thursday, June 21, 2012

Most Days...

This is me...me being transparent...me showing the weakness inside....

Most days - being hot and sweaty doesn't bother me
Most days - going to three different stores to find one ingredient that is "normally" there doesn't matter
Most days - not having electricity for hours on end (which means no fans) I'm accustomed to
Most days - being tired and exhausted just allows me to reflect on Him who gives me strengths

Last night was not one of those "most days".  We are in the midst of our third straight week of teams, and we have one more to go.  Teams give us energy, they are awesome, they often times remind us of why we are here.  They bring talent, excitement, labor, love, and sometimes even goodies.  But - I'm not going to lie - they also bring us all extra work.

So, Wednesday is our day off.  Although I use that term loosely, because typically it's our day to catch up with chores, paying bills, or even to prep for ministry days (I prep for clinic).  But, we do get some lying on the couch, watch TV, order out, and relax time.  So, we went to bed early because Thursday morning comes EARLY - Mike is up at 4:30 to get to the gym before the day starts, and I'm up at 5:30 to pack clinic stuff, and get ready for the day.  However, two minutes after we turned the lights out, the electricity went out.  No fans, no air circulation, no nothing.  Our neighbors generator went on, I looked out the window, and the entire city was dark.  So we waited, because once in awhile it comes back on quickly, but 2 hours later, wide awake, sweating, throwing water on ourselves to cool down, we were still without electricity.  Finally, as if the city finally decided it had tortured all of it's citizens enough, it came back on (keep in mind - that was the 3rd time that day we had lost electricity).

So, ladies and gentlemen, please remember those sweet "normalicies" of your life, and realize that the rest of the world doesn't operate that way.  We live without water, electricity, conveniences on a daily basis.

Hopefully, my attitude adjusted, today will once again be like Most Days.

No comments: