Monday, May 21, 2012

Life Changes

I would like to think that being (almost) 45 is young...I realize that it's all relative, at 20 years old, 40 seems "so old", and now that I'm there, 45 seems young.  With that in mind, I feel too young to have lost so many in my life.
During my college years, three of my four grandparents passed away (one of my grandpas died before I was born)
my Aunt (on my mother's side) passed away from skin cancer
my great-uncles passed away
In November, my sweet dear mother passed away
And just a few days ago, my other Aunt (on my mothers side) passed away.

My small little tiny family now seems very, very small.  In all of this, I can say, although my physical family is tiny tiny, my spiritual family is huge!  I serve a big God, and He has given me a BIG family.  I am so thankful for that.

In this time of loss and mourning, it's a reminder to me to love your physical family.  Love the people around you.  Life is a gift - treat it as such.  Eat better today, exercise a little more, kiss your loved ones, write a letter, pick up the phone, reach out to someone in your family you haven't talked to in a long time, forgive someone in your family that you've harbored ill will toward.  Just love them.

2 comments:

Cathi Duggan said...

Amen Erin....and here's a hug and many prayers are lifted for you girl!

The McClain's said...

Hey Erin- so sorry about your aunt. I am just reading this today. I am so thankful to consider you part of my spiritual family! Love you, girl!