Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My dad is coming!!!!

My mom passed away November 17th...it's a date that is forever in my memory.  She was such an incredible woman, a loving mother, a devoted wife, and a sweet lady.  Much of what I do I do with an undercurrent of thought, "would what I'm doing be approved by my mother?"  With that in mind I try to be an upstanding woman, a good wife, a good mother.  She leaves behind a beloved son - my brother, and a sweet husband - my father.  I called my dad today and he said he is going to try and come see me in March!  My parents were just planning their trip here when my mom got sick and passed before they were able to come.  But my dad is coming!  He's coming!!!! Hasn't purchased the tickets yet, but we were talking and making plans.  My heart is full.  I can't wait!  I love him dearly and can't wait to give him a big hug and love all over him!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Best news ALL year! I's so happy he will be there so soon. Thank you Lord! Love you E.

Cindy in California said...

How wonderful for you, your family and for him! I'm sure you'll enjoy showing him the work you are involved in, will enjoy the time you have together, will filter much of it through "how we wish mom was here to see this, too" and remember the legacy that she left for all of you.

It will be fun to read your posts of his visit.

Steffi said...

You are so lucky. When I lived in Europe for ten years no one in my family even considered visiting me :(