Friday, July 29, 2011

Cooking

So...on my day "off" I try and take a little time to do some things for myself. It's been a bit challenging as of late because I've been going out with the team most every day, getting back late, then prepping for clinic each night. I'm not able to finish up until about 8:30 or 9:00 each night, which leaves little to no time to do "stuff". On top of that, my housekeeper has been gone this whole week, so even doing things like laundry has been quite the challenge - much less any other house chores. So, my days off are filled with paying bills, buying groceries, cleaning house, doing laundry, etc. But - I did take about an hour to do something I love to do. And that's cooking.

I have a beautiful basil plant in my back yard I've raised from seed...I'm quite proud of it. It's doing so well, I thought I would finally put it to some good use. I made home made pesto sauce. Trimmed off about 1 1/3 cups of fresh basil leaves, added all my other needed ingredients, and got to work. A freshly made pizza dough, olive oil grilled zucchini, grilled red and orange peppers, fresh mozzarella, sliced tomatoes - and you have a pizza ready to be cooked. I was quite happy with the end result, and will definitely include this in future dinners to come.

Fresh pesto sauce

Right before going in the oven

End result with fresh basil placed on the pizza after it's cooked - with a sprinkling of Blue Cheese - YUM!

3 comments:

An Eye and a Camera said...

DIS LOOKS FLIPPING AMAZING =D -Maddy's bestie, Rach ;]

Liz K said...

oh my!! That looks fantastic!!! Now I have all the more reason to buy basil at the Feria next week!

Patricia said...

WOW, you sure that is not a picture you copied out of a gourmet cook book? I can almost taste it. YUM !!!