Thursday, July 15, 2010

In-Grown Toe Nail - WARNING!! GRAPHIC PICTURES!!!

My time in Honduras has not been boring. Often times I'm called upon to take my medical skills and use them way beyond what I've ever used them before. Last night was an example of that. One of our team mates has had a badly infected in-grown toe-nail. He has been suffering through it, but when this team arrived, Jina has done many an in-grown toe-nail removal, and has taught many. So Josh, being the trooper that he is, agreed to be my first in-grown toe-nail patient. After giving some good anesthesia, we started the process. I won't go into detail, because I know there are a lot of non-medical people out there, but it was fun! I know...I know - I had someone comment on my facebook status that I needed to re-evaluate my idea of fun which just made me laugh hysterically! I guess medical people do have a different idea of fun - but it was fun and can't wait for my next patient! Enjoy the pictures below:

Starting the clipping process


Almost done


All done - doesn't it look pretty?!


Our patient at the end - still smiling, must be a job well done?!

5 comments:

Dannie said...

Not as gross as I thought it would be, but I did squeeze up my toes when I saw the pictures. :)

Unknown said...

Great job! Love the dish towel as sterile drape! :)

ORANGEHOUSE said...

I had a little shiver down my spine, really.

Unknown said...

Once again...my hero! So cool!!!

Unknown said...

Way COOL! I know - our idea of fun is REALLY warped. I LOVE me a good abcess!