Thursday, April 2, 2009

Missionary Medicine Intensive

Missionary Medicine Intensive

This week has been filled of classes, lectures, homework (at least 2-6 hours of homework a night), practical experiences such as injecting meds (we used saline - practiced on each other). I was not required to do this as I do it often. Today we made "home made" NG tubes (tubes that go through the nose into the stomach), for rehydration of severely dehydrated people. And, you guessed it, we had to practice on each other. Again, as I've done this a LOT, I didn't have to do any, but I had to be the guinea pig...sigh... NOT my favorite thing at all! And only in a class like this would you hear this statement that was made today, in discussing if we had time to run to a local ice cream store, "ice cream is always better after leprosy slides." Anyway - as you can tell, a lot is going on, we are busy from 6:30 in the morning until about 10:30 or 11:00 at night. Stay tuned...

No comments: