Sunday, March 29, 2009

Training has begun

After 15 hours of travel, 2 delayed planes, 1 hour to get through customs/re-check my bags/transfer concourses, and loss of a bag, I finally made it.

Our training has begun...we started, in the very cold region of Asheville, North Carolina. I left Honduras sweating while I was brushing my teeth, and here I've sat listening to our first discussion and my nose is so cold I had to warm my nose in my hands. And so it begins - will be jaming through two full volumes of village medicine. Pray for me! Pray for all the people here! It's going to be great information, but very intense.

1 comment:

Rebecca Conduff Aguirre said...

It's always such a transition, isn't it?! And not just the weather, but things like everyone speaks English! :) It always throws us for a loop for a few days...will be thinking of you. Sounds like good stuff, but like you said, intense.