Friday, June 6, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

Our Engagement Picture:

Today Mike and I celebrate our 16 year anniversary. I know it's not a "silver" or "gold" anniversary, but it is still a date that we rejoice in! 18 years ago Mike and I met after my return from 3 years active duty Army service in Germany. I moved to Sacramento to go to school and met Mike while in school. Two years later we married, with our dance song: Everything I do I do For You by Bryan Adams.

Look into my eyes - you will see
What you mean to me
Search your heart - search your soul
And when you find me there you'll search no more
Don't tell me it's not worth tryin' for
You can't tell me it's not worth dyin' for

You know it's true
Everything I do - I do it for you

Look into your heart - you will find
There's nothin' there to hide
Take me as I am - take my life
I would give it all - I would sacrifice
Don't tell me it's not worth fightin' for
I can't help it - there's nothin' I want more
Ya know it's true Everything I do - I do it for you

There's no love - like your love
And no other - could give more love
There's nowhere - unless you're there
All the time - all the way

I would fight for you - I'd lie for you
Walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you
Ya know it's true Everything I do - I do it for you




Four years later we had Madison. We changed some over the years, but we have only grown stronger with the Lord and stayed firm as a family.



Ultimately our paths have led us on the road to missions. So here we sit, on our 16 year anniversary in Costa Rica, preparing ourselves for the rest of our lives to be doing God's work abroad, to the people of Latin America. It's been a long path for us. We came with very different backgrounds, but many things in common. We were/are both independent, read completely different books, have different "favorites", and listen to very different music. However, the things in life that matter, we meet eye-to-eye. God, our church, Madison, missions, our family. I couldn't imagine my life with a different man to be my husband, the father to my child, my constant companion, and the love of my life. It's cool to know that we will die little old people with our best friend by our side :-)

This is for you honey - I would fight for you - I'd lie for you, walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you...ya know it's true, everything I do - I do it for you. Happy Anniversary Husband!

1 comment:

John and Sue Burch said...

Love the engagement photo - and Happy Happy Day!!! We can tell you are still in love! Praying for you these days especially! John and Sue