Monday, January 21, 2008

You are as fresh as lettuce


lettuce = me?!

I have been called many things, but this one is a new one! This morning my teacher told me, "¡Su es una lechuga!" (you are a lettuce). HUH?! I said! Apparently when you have newly washed hair, you look as "fresh as a head of lettuce" - and they just shorten it to you are a lettuce. Still trying to roll that one around in my mind - but it's a compliment, and I'll take it for what it is :-)

Tomorrow I guess I'll be a lechuga again! :-)

3 comments:

Ben said...

I suppose I'd try to one-up that one by invoking the old "ich bin ein Berliner" as "I am a jelly doughnut" bit, but unfortunately that's more or less an urban legend (true, jelly doughnuts are called "Berliner" in much of Germany, but, here's the important bit, not in Berlin).

Nobody's called me a vegetable yet. I suppose maybe I ought to be thankful for it.

mikepettengill said...

I’ve always thought of you as one hot tomato.

Zoe said...

Cute. So, if I take my showers at night am I rotten lettuce?