Friday, December 14, 2007

Ballet El Cascanueces (The Nutcracker)

Tonight we are taking my friend Denise to see The Nutcracker at the National Theater down town. We have been to a symphony there, but have not seen a ballet. Many, many things are expensive in Costa Rica, but the theater is not one of them. The Nutcracker has been a Christmas tradition for the Pettengill family since Madison was about 4 years old. We were a little sad knowing that this was going to be the first Christmas away from home, and the first Christmas where new traditions were going to have to be made. But we were very excited when we found out they were doing the Nutcracker, and that wasn't a tradition we were going to miss (at least this year - who knows about next year). Tomorrow officially starts the holiday season for Costa Rica, and they start it off with a Festival of Lights parade. There are a million people expected to attend (according to the local paper). So people have started arriving in hordes, so it may be crazy tonight. Feliz fin de semana everyone (have a nice weekend).

2 comments:

J Stu said...

I saw the Nutcracker here in the OK only last week! It was good. Enjoy. Will it be in Spanish or English.

joke.

Leah said...

Hi my name is Leah and I found your blog after doing a Google search for reformed missions blogs. My husband is in his final year of seminary and has been exhorting weekly at a Spanish church with Ontario URC (ontariourc.org). I know some Spanish, having taken 1 beginners Spanish class at the local college here but I need more help. With my husbands weekly preaching schedule and 6 classes, he has no time to help me acquire the language. I need to learn more and was wondering what programs you'd recommend or software. Any help and ideas would help. With 2 children at home, I really can't attend classes anymore. Could you give me some ideas? My email is rsernas@yahoo.com.
Thanks again and God bless,
Leah